HOW TO VERVE/UP FROM YOUR COUCH
We all know January 21st, 2017 will be a historical day. Thousands of women, men and children regardless of race, color, & creed will gather to March/UP in their local cities. The mission: ‘We stand together in solidarity with our partners and children for the protection our rights, our safety, our health and our families, recognizing that our vibrant and diverse communities are the strength of our country’.
So, what if you cannot make it to your cities march? Don’t fret- you can still March/UP from your couch. Here’s how:
1. DONATE: Listed below are a few organizations that are accepting donations of any size.
- Women's March on Washington
- Women's March London
- Trussell Trust
- Fistula Foundation
2. STAY INFORMED: Stay abreast of everything human rights.
- UN Women
- Global Citizen
3. STAY INSPIRED: Learn about the three women who spearheaded the Women's March movement & why they are passionate about what they do.
- Linda Sarsour, Carmen Perez, & Tamika Mallory take on Washington
Article by Rita Brown